The McGillis Wonderful Outdoor Winter (WOW) program provides all students in grades 1-8 an opportunity to try a new winter sport or increase their ability at a winter sport they already enjoy. This is a glimpse of the program:
- The Wonderful Outdoor Winter (WOW) program takes place on Thursday afternoons for four weeks: January 26, February 2, February 9, and February 16.
- All students in grades 1-8 commit to one activity for the entire four weeks. Kindergarten students participate in WOW-like activities that are woven into their school days during these four weeks.
- WOW activities encompass about half of the school day. Some activities extend past the end of the school day.
- A variety of winter activities are offered including nordic skiing, snowshoeing/hiking, ice skating, hockey, alpine skiing, snowboarding, and Utah Olympic Park training.
- Multiple faculty chaperone each activity.
- A sport clinic on campus is offered free of cost while all others require a financial commitment.