The McGillis School is
- accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools,
- accredited by the Utah State Office of Education, and
- a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
About the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS)
To assist schools in fulfilling their mission to provide high quality education for children by promoting and protecting the independence of our schools, by representing the interest of our schools, and by fostering collegial relationships and ethical leadership within our schools.
--Approved by the NWAIS membership Sunday, May 2, 2010
NWAIS Core Values
- Free and Open Inquiry
- Commitment to Diversity
- Ongoing School Improvement
- Collegial Relationships and Ethical Leadership
- Essential Characteristics of NWAIS Schools
- Commitment to the Public Good
- Effective Governance and Operations
- Physical Location or Place
- Primary Focus of Academic Education
- Commitment to the Best Interests of Children
Non-Discrimination Statement For NWAIS Schools
Member schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status in admission of otherwise qualified students or in providing access to the rights, privileges, programs, or activities generally available to all students and their families, including educational policies, scholarship and other financial aid programs, or athletic, extra-curricular, and other school-administered programs and activities. Similarly, member schools do not discriminate in their hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. Single sex institutions, religious schools, or institutions serving students with learning differences or other special needs implement policies related to gender, religion, and learning differences or other special needs as appropriate to support their published mission statements.